4.2.11

Free Write 12/16/2010 (Random Addition)


Reprise of yearly ending reflection and to do list

So, the year is coming to a close. And I have plenty to be thankful for and tons to reflect on. In the mist of the thanking and reflecting I need to continue to evolve and get better, stronger, faster, smarter, kinder, wiser, more constant, more forgiving and more loving. As I think back on 2010 I have to pat myself on the back, I can honestly say that I am becoming a better woman. The transition hasn’t been the smoothest but this is the work that is required to be who desire to be.

As I grow into this woman, that I claim I want to be, I wonder am I loosing what makes Shontrice, Shontrice? This has been by far the most isolating year thus far. My friends and loyalty have been tested like no other. Being an adult means having to make difficult decisions and living with them. The older I get the more I want to love unconditionally, but then I remember that every living has a silent and or spoken contract with each other.

I love the trees on the condition that they supply me with air. I respect all living things on the condition that they continue to regulate life. I love music under the condition that it continues to inspire me. Sex, oh how I love thee, as long as I have an orgasm every time we encounter. Is this selfish or just the human sprit? Even my mother, there are certain things that she and I must do to fulfill our silently made contracts made on the day of my birth. I hope I make her proud.

Moreover, I hope I make the ancestors proud. I hope I continue to embrace the AFRICAN in African American. I will dedicate my life to loving and respecting the African and the American (Black) legacy that the elders have left for me. Leaving 2010 entering 2011 my religion will be love, and I will practice that doctrine intently. So let’s go Shontrice, Forward-never looking back only to reflect, cause you can’t change SHIT.

Trice tha beast


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews